Concern India Foundation, hereby referred to as CIF, is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site www.concernindiafoundation.org
Collection of Information
– Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, for instance, you would not be able to make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information.
– While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
a) The date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website your were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
b) The type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
c) Which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
– The General Information is not Personal Information. CIF’s tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
– The General Information is used by CIF for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in CIF and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by CIF with any person, at CIF’s discretion.
– “Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the CIF site.
Usage of Information
-Personal information will be used by CIF for internal purposes including the following:
– Sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, CIF Annual Report, CIF-in -Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by CIF and other updates.
– Processing your donations to CIF and Receipt for donations made by you to CIF.
– Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
– Evaluating and administering the Site and CIF’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
Disclosure of Personal Information by CIF:
– Within CIF, access to Personal Information collected by CIF will be given only to those persons who are authorised by CIF and third parties hired by CIF to perform administrative services. CIF will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in CIF’s Database, processing donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. CIF cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and CIF will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
– CIF may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with CIF, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with CIF in any manner. CIF will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
– CIF is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of CIF.
– Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and CIF, CIF reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect CIF and it’s property, to fulfill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of CIF.
Security: CIF endevours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. CIF however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information
Copyright Protection: All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of CIF and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of CIF and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries and making a donation. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of CIF. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to CIF belong to their respective owners and are their property.